Honda side covers
Honda SL70-SL350 specialist Marbles Motors have available reproduction plastic side covers for most of Honda’s SL range of dirt bikes built in various sizes ranging from 70cc to 350cc from 1969-1973. Unavailable from Honda for years and hard to find used, the side covers available from the Texas-based company include SL/XL70s, SL/XL100s, SL125s, SL175s (K0 and K1), plus SL350s (K0 and K1/K2 models). SL350 K0 shown, $180/pair. MC
The ClampTite clamp-making tool is a remarkably useful tool for making single-wrap or double-wrap stainless steel wire clamps on the fly. To make a clamp, the tool tightens wire around whatever object is being repaired or secured. The wire is then folded over using the tool, locking the wire in place. We used it to fix a split plastic collar on a shaft and it worked perfectly. $69.95 as shown, stainless steel wire $14.95 as shown. MC
Portland, Oregon-based Nutcase Inc. got started in the helmet business making colorful and stylish lids for cyclists and skaters. The company has since expanded into motorcycle helmets with the Nutcase Moto Collection, currently made up of eight open-face, DOT/ECE-certified helmets. Features include a ratcheting quick-release chin strap, closable vents and easily removable shields, which are available in amber, clear or smoke. Retro Racer shown. $150. Extra shields, $34.95. MC
There is nothing worse than walking into your garage and getting a big breath of gas fumes and seeing a big puddle sitting under your bike. Rubber seals shrink with age. Petcocks corrode from the inside out. Sometimes a new reseal kit will not fix the problem. Replace your petcock with new! HVCcycle has a good selection of petcocks and reseal kits available to fix your vintage ride. Check out the full range of petcocks and petcock reseal kits on HVCcycle’s website.
Yamaha oil pump kits
Lincoln, Nebrasaka-based 2-stroke specialists HVCcycle now have available a reseal kit for worm gear-style oil injection pumps used on Yamaha 2-stroke engines. HVCcycle says the kit, which includes three internal oil pump seals, an engine side cover seal, the pump to side cover gasket and body gasket, plus two small shaft seals for multiple applications and hardware, will reseal 100 percent of Yamaha worm gear oil injection pumps. $37.50. MC
The new GB30 Genius Boost is the coolest battery booster we’ve ever seen. Small enough to easily fit in a tank or saddle bag, its 12-volt lithium-ion battery delivers a 400-amp boost to weak batteries, more than enough for any electric-start motorcycle. And a USB port makes it the perfect portable charger for your portable devices, as we found test charging an iPhone 5 and a laptop. Both charged perfectly and there was plenty of emergency power left. $159.95. MC
HVCcycle has acquired the Ottoco radial head business. All the remaining stock of heads are now on the shelf at HVCcycle and available for sale. We currently have the RD400 DG replica heads in stock and the RD400 Performance Heads with the Scott Clough Racing (SCR) combustion chamber. The RD350/R5 heads are currently in production, it will be a good 30 to 60 days before we have the 350 heads in stock as we just started working with our local machine shop to turn the large slabs of aluminum into beautiful cylinder heads.
DG Replica Heads $550.00
• Just what it says, a replica of the DG head of the ’70s but looks a lot cleaner.
• Gold anodized and a great way to add stylish looks to your RD.
• Slight performance increase over stock, replica of the DG combustion chamber.
• Uses stock head gaskets.
• If you have a stock RD400 that you just ride and have fun with, this is the head for you.
• Will I need to Re-Jet? Probably not, but you may need to depending on your setup.
SCR Performance Heads $645.00
• Looks very similar to the DG but a little less material on the bottom fin area.
• Gold anodized, a little lighter shade than the DG.
• Scott Clough Racing (SCR) Performance Combustion Chamber 23.7cc with a more aggressive squish band, Developed to work on stock up to Stage 2 ported engines. Got a full-blown racer? Then you need to call us.
WHO? WHAT? SQUISH?
• WHO? Scott Clough. Knows more about a 2-stroke head design and has the ability to design and set up a design that is the most effective for most any application. SCR holds AHRMA records, Land Speed records (RZ350), Road Races Championships, and builds Isle of Mann racers. Plain and simple, he knows!
• WHAT? SCR adjusted the compression ratio, squish angles, squish clearance, squish velocity, and combustion chamber shape to optimize the combustion process. This all makes more power!
• SQUISH? This is the clearance between the piston and the squish band of the head when the piston is at TDC. It has a strong influence on turbulence in the combustion chamber, which directly affects how fast the mixture burns.
Very noticeable performance gain, HP increase numbers will vary from bike to bike determined on porting, exhaust, and intake setup. Will you need to Re-jet? Most likely. Uses the stock RD400 Head Gaskets 1A1-11181-00-0R.