HVCcycle has acquired the Ottoco radial head business. All the remaining stock of heads are now on the shelf at HVCcycle and available for sale. We currently have the RD400 DG replica heads in stock and the RD400 Performance Heads with the Scott Clough Racing (SCR) combustion chamber. The RD350/R5 heads are currently in production, it will be a good 30 to 60 days before we have the 350 heads in stock as we just started working with our local machine shop to turn the large slabs of aluminum into beautiful cylinder heads.
DG Replica Heads $550.00
• Just what it says, a replica of the DG head of the ’70s but looks a lot cleaner.
• Gold anodized and a great way to add stylish looks to your RD.
• Slight performance increase over stock, replica of the DG combustion chamber.
• Uses stock head gaskets.
• If you have a stock RD400 that you just ride and have fun with, this is the head for you.
• Will I need to Re-Jet? Probably not, but you may need to depending on your setup.
SCR Performance Heads $645.00
• Looks very similar to the DG but a little less material on the bottom fin area.
• Gold anodized, a little lighter shade than the DG.
• Scott Clough Racing (SCR) Performance Combustion Chamber 23.7cc with a more aggressive squish band, Developed to work on stock up to Stage 2 ported engines. Got a full-blown racer? Then you need to call us.
WHO? WHAT? SQUISH?
• WHO? Scott Clough. Knows more about a 2-stroke head design and has the ability to design and set up a design that is the most effective for most any application. SCR holds AHRMA records, Land Speed records (RZ350), Road Races Championships, and builds Isle of Mann racers. Plain and simple, he knows!
• WHAT? SCR adjusted the compression ratio, squish angles, squish clearance, squish velocity, and combustion chamber shape to optimize the combustion process. This all makes more power!
• SQUISH? This is the clearance between the piston and the squish band of the head when the piston is at TDC. It has a strong influence on turbulence in the combustion chamber, which directly affects how fast the mixture burns.
Very noticeable performance gain, HP increase numbers will vary from bike to bike determined on porting, exhaust, and intake setup. Will you need to Re-jet? Most likely. Uses the stock RD400 Head Gaskets 1A1-11181-00-0R.
A record-setting first quarter by Triumph Motorcycles America, which included the highest single-day retail sales ever on March 31st, resulted in the company as the top-selling European brand in North America. The ranking is based upon motorcycle unit sales in the 500cc-plus on-road and dual-sport categories for the U.S. and Canada.
The first quarter of 2015 ended with a more than 16 percent growth in retail sales over last year. This continues the steady increase Triumph Motorcycles America has been experiencing, as 13 of the last 16 quarters have seen year over year growth.
“The positive sales trend is only possible through the commitment of our retailer network,” said Matt Sheahan, COO of Triumph Motorcycles America. “The most recent quarter nearly doubles the units sold compared to just four years ago for the same quarter.”
As a result of the recent achievements, the top-performing North American dealers from 2014 are being rewarded by Triumph with an all-inclusive trip to the factory in Hinckley, UK. These dealers will then make their way to the Isle of Man for the TT races on June 6th.
“The first quarter of 2015 is our best ever and Triumph is on the gas,” said Tom Hicks, president and owner of Southern California Triumph. “Their acknowledgement of our success with this fantastic trip to the factory and Isle of Man is incredible.”
For information on the complete line of Triumph motorcycles and to find a local dealer, visit www.TriumphMotorcycles.com.
Triumph Motorcycles is the British motorcycle marque that produces a wide range of sport, cruiser, adventure and touring motorcycles. From the storied Bonneville to the class-leading Speed Triple and Daytona 675R, Triumph offers a blend of design, character and performance that result in truly distinctive motorcycles. First established in 1902 and now located in Hinckley, Leicestershire, England, Triumph has always set the pace for category-winning machines. The company is solely owned by Bloor Holdings Ltd., and Triumph Motorcycles America, its North American operations, are based in Atlanta.
At 15, Robert Carter apprenticed in a commercial London art studio, learning the basics of lettering, airbrush and design. In 1971, he started working freelance for agencies representing Ford and Chrysler. A trip to the U.S. became permanent, and he’s now well known for his original, Art Deco-inspired paintings of vintage cars and motorcycles, with posters and canvas prints such as his BMW Rennsport now available. 24in x 36in poster print; $220. 36in x 54in canvas print; $895. More info at Robert Carter Artwork. MC
Coolant recovery tank
Motorcycle tool specialist Motion Pro now has available a universal coolant recovery tank. Although we suspect it was made primarily with late-model liquid-cooled dirt bikes in mind, it could be used on any number of liquid-cooled motorcycle engines. Made from high-density polyethylene with a chemical-resistant rubber cap, the 275cc bottle has built-in mounting holes and comes with mounting ties, hose, clamps, and installation instructions. $24.99. MC
New Zealand-based Dold Industries, maker of the Ventura Bike-Pack System we installed on a Norton 850, is now offering a top box that attaches to their L-Bracket System used on the Norton and hundreds of other vintage bikes. The Top Box features 32 liters capacity and is easily fitted using Ventura’s Top Box Rack, plus it comes with a universal fitting kit for use on other racks. Stand-alone Top Box; $89. Kit including L-Bracket, rack and Top Box; $339. MC
If your vintage Vetter Windjammer windscreen is cracked or broken, check out Minnesota-based Slipstreamer, which has been supplying Vetter replacement windscreens since 1975. Manufactured to original specifications from aircraft quality Lucite acrylic, Slipstreamer windscreens for Vetter Windjammers are 0.177in thick and are available in stock height or 2 inches taller, plus vented or non-vented, and clear or smoke tint. Quicksilver screens are 0.118in thick and available in clear only. OEM screws and clips included. Quicksilver clear; $74.95. Windjammer; $104.95-$150.95. MC
CB750 float gauge
Joker Machine has introduced a float gauge tool for 1969-1976 Honda CB750 Keihin carbs. Patterned off the original stamped sheet metal tool Honda supplied to dealers, the Joker gauge is made from CNC machined billet aluminum, 5.3mm thick for extra durability. The gauge is set to original Honda specification of 26mm, eliminating any chance of an “out of adjustment” slip when setting float height. Will not work on later 1977-1978 CV-type carbs. $29.95. MC