Price and availability confirmed at time of publication. Subject to change, please visit the product website for the latest prices and availability.
1. Aerostich’s Darien motorcycle pants define “heavy duty.” Cut like jeans with two front pockets, one back pocket, a flapped front fly and a waistband with belt loops containing a removable Aerostich belt, these unlined overpants have full-length side zippers with inner and outer flaps to insure easy on-and-off convenience and severe weather protection. Shaped knees, large reflective ankle adjustment tabs and shaped and removable knee pads complete the specs. The 500-denier Cordura Gore Tex fabric is fully seam taped for comfort and strength. Available in black, hi-viz (a yellow/lime green), or gray. Price: $287.
More info: www.aerostich.com
2. Vanson’s Highway 101 pants aren’t cheap, but they may be the last pair of riding pants you’ll every have to buy. They feature two front pockets, two snap-close rear pockets, brass hardware, belt loops, an adjustable waistband, hip-to-ankle zippers for easy and fast donning, and a Velcro-secured lower leg wind flap. Unlined, they have buttons on the waistband for fastening suspenders. Soft armor knee protection is standard, and they’re available in traditional competition-weight cowhide, a medium-weight Firenze leather and 1,000-denier Cordura nylon for any riding environment. Designed to be worn over jeans, plan on patience to break them in, especially if you go for the competition-weight leather. Order the next size up from your jeans. Price: $419 (leather), $199 (Cordura).
More info: www.vansonleathers.com
3. TourMaster’s Caliber pants feature a 600-denier Carbolex shell with 600-denier ballistic polyester knee panels, a waterproof/breathable barrier, and phoslite reflective material panels and piping. Adjustable waist belts, and expansion panels at the waist and above the knees give increased flexibility. The pants have two zippered hand pockets with waterproof lining, a removable, CE-approved Three-Position Knee Armor Alignment System, as well as removable soft hip armor and an insulated liner. Waterproof, side-entry leg zippers allow for ease of dressing. An 8in pant/jacket zipper attachment is included. Price: $139.99.
More info: www.helmethouse.com
4. These affordable, classic fitted, fully lined, five pocket jean-style leather pants from Xelement feature a one-piece straight cut front panel and a zipper closure with snap button. The pants come unhemmed at approximately 36in for custom sizing. Considering their price, we were impressed with the quality of these pants. Order one size larger than your jean size. Sale price: $74.95.
More info: www.leatherup.com
5. Belstaff’s Pioneer Pants are comfortable, all season touring pants. Waterproof, breathable and windproof, they’re made of 500-denier Cordura. They feature armor for hip and knee, zipped front pockets, strap adjustments at ankles, a zipper for connecting to a jacket, and a rear ankle gusset. The inner calf area has Nomex fire-retardant fabric that acts as a thermal shield against exhaust burn. They also feature a Microskin waterproof/breathable liner, and a detachable Thermolite liner. Our only wish is that they featured hip-to-ankle side zippers for easier access. Price: $229.
More info: www.britishmotorcyclegear.com
6. Firstgear’s nicely-made Kwik-Dry Sport Tour Leather Overpants for men and women feature quick-drying, water-resistant leather and full-length, two-way leg zippers. Fully-lined with nylon Tricot to below the knees, they are unhemmed for custom sizing and feature snap closure cuffs and a nifty 10-year limited warranty. Price: $299.95.
More info: www.tuckerrocky.com, www.firstgear-usa.com