Ten Products for Winter Storage of Your Classic Motorcycle
Prepare your classic motorcycle for proper winter storage with these ten products
S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
Price and availability confirmed at time of publication. Subject to change, please visit the product website for the latest prices and availability.
1. It’s been 20 years since Germany’s S100 Total Cycle Cleaner hit North America, and the stuff still works like a charm. The spray-on, spray-off liquid makes quick work of bugs and road grime, and is a great first step in winterizing a bike. Price: $13.95. More info: www.s100.com.
2. S100 Polishing Soap is great for polishing up and protecting mufflers, case covers, handlebars, forks, basically any metal surface that isn’t painted or anodized. Price: $9.95. More info: www.s100.com.
3&4. S100 Shine-enhancing Cleanser and Carnauba Paste are designed to work together to protect painted parts. The cleanser removes water spots, small swirl marks and imbedded road grime without scratching clear coats. The wax is made of a blend of carnauba and bee’s wax and is free of abrasives and cleaners. Price: $9.49 for cleaner, $15.95 for wax. More info: www.s100.com.
5. Moto Glaze provides a protective coating designed to withstand moisture and a huge range of temperatures. Think of it as a shell for glazed surfaces. Price: $7.99 More info: www.bikebrite.com.
6. STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer, a blend of additives designed to stop the formation of varnish and prevent corrosion, is a must for winter storage. Put it in the tank and run it through the carbs for a winter’s worth of protection. Price: $3.49 and up. More info: www.goldeagle.com.
7. For wintertime tinkering, the Lift-Buddy 1000 provides a deck built from 8-gauge steel, a 28.5in maximum working height, and four castering steel wheels that allow movement of the lift even when it’s loaded. A Pro-Vise tire grip is standard equipment, ideal for long-term storage of a restoration project. Price: $664, including shipping and handling. More info: www.lift-buddy.com.
8. Unlike vinyl and canvas coverings, which can trap moisture on a bike’s surface, Bullfrog motorcycle cocoons are made of a three-layer material that protects against corrosion by moving moisture away from the bike. The inside layer is designed to protect against abrasions. Price: $175. More info: www.bull-frog.com.