Engine: Air-cooled V-twin 4-stroke
Ignition: Bosch magneto
Power Rating: 8hp
Bore x Stroke: 45mm x 78mm x2
Fuel System: Single carburetor
Transmission: Single speed, epicyclical clutch on crank
Suspension: Front leading link with leaf spring, rigid rear
Brakes: Rear external band
Lighting: Acetylene gas
Top Speed: 45mph
Iver Johnson Arms and Cycle Works were located in Fitchburg, Mass., and better known for their firearms than as pioneer motorcycle manufacturers. Production ran from 1907 to 1916, with this V-twin being the final design.
These machines were labeled "Mechanical perfection," where in fact they had many mechanical features, such as the cam operation and clutch, that were unnecessarily complicated.