HVCcycle has acquired the Ottoco radial head business. All the remaining stock of heads are now on the shelf at HVCcycle and available for sale. We currently have the RD400 DG replica heads in stock and the RD400 Performance Heads with the Scott Clough Racing (SCR) combustion chamber. The RD350/R5 heads are currently in production, it will be a good 30 to 60 days before we have the 350 heads in stock as we just started working with our local machine shop to turn the large slabs of aluminum into beautiful cylinder heads.
• Just what it says, a replica of the DG head of the ’70s but looks a lot cleaner.
• Gold anodized and a great way to add stylish looks to your RD.
• Slight performance increase over stock, replica of the DG combustion chamber.
• Uses stock head gaskets.
• If you have a stock RD400 that you just ride and have fun with, this is the head for you.
• Will I need to Re-Jet? Probably not, but you may need to depending on your setup.
• Looks very similar to the DG but a little less material on the bottom fin area.
• Gold anodized, a little lighter shade than the DG.
• Scott Clough Racing (SCR) Performance Combustion Chamber 23.7cc with a more aggressive squish band, Developed to work on stock up to Stage 2 ported engines. Got a full-blown racer? Then you need to call us.
• WHO? Scott Clough. Knows more about a 2-stroke head design and has the ability to design and set up a design that is the most effective for most any application. SCR holds AHRMA records, Land Speed records (RZ350), Road Races Championships, and builds Isle of Mann racers. Plain and simple, he knows!
• WHAT? SCR adjusted the compression ratio, squish angles, squish clearance, squish velocity, and combustion chamber shape to optimize the combustion process. This all makes more power!
• SQUISH? This is the clearance between the piston and the squish band of the head when the piston is at TDC. It has a strong influence on turbulence in the combustion chamber, which directly affects how fast the mixture burns.
Very noticeable performance gain, HP increase numbers will vary from bike to bike determined on porting, exhaust, and intake setup. Will you need to Re-jet? Most likely. Uses the stock RD400 Head Gaskets 1A1-11181-00-0R.