Price and availability confirmed at time of publication. Subject to change, please visit the product website for the latest prices and availability.
1. The Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop is a fully adjustable wheel locking system designed to accommodate all motorcycles. The PS1500 works on pavement, concrete, dirt, sand, gravel and just about any transport platform you might use, such as a trailer or pick-up truck. The Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop can handle front and rear wheel sizes from 14 inches to 22 inches, and tires with 80-230 section widths. A patented locking mechanism effortlessly and securely supports your motorcycle in an upright position on the ground or on a trailer. The Pit-Stop also serves as a trailer stop and easily snaps onto trailers or pick-up beds using an optional adapter kit. With the Trailer-Stop, tying down a motorcycle becomes a simple one-person task, a major asset when your buddies aren’t around to help. The Condor Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop will safely and securely handle bikes up to 3,000 pounds, plus it folds down for easy storage and weighs just more than 21 pounds. Price: $235 plus shipping and handling. More info: www.condor-lift.com
2. This Norton Exhaust Nut and Inspection Bolt Wrench from Fast Frog Products has a great, compact design that makes it a perfect back-up exhaust nut wrench to put in your tool pouch for on-the-road use. Weighing in at just 6 ounces, it’s laser-cut from 304 stainless steel with a tumbled finish and smooth edges. It also doubles as a primary inspection cap wrench, and has a hole in it so a 3/8-inch drive ratchet or breaker bar can be used for added leverage. Price: $39. More info: visit www.coloradonortonworks.com and click on "Parts Catalog."
3. From Stop & Go comes the Deluxe Tube-Type Motorcycle Tire Repair Kit. This kit contains three 9.5-inch steel tire levers to dismount the tire from its wheel, rubber cement, six feather-edge patches in three sizes, a buffer tool and a cap/core remover. To re-inflate the tire, an Engine-Air pump is included, which consists of a hose with a quick release lever for the valve stem. By removing a spark plug, inserting the correct adapter, and attaching it to the end of the 5-foot nylon braided hose, you can use your engine as an air pump to inflate your flat tire. Weighs just 2 pounds. Price: $39.95. More info: www.stopngo.com
4. Does this Motion Pro Magnetic Parts Dish look familiar? That’s because the last time we covered tools on these pages (our Premier Issue in 2005) we featured this same dish. So why are we featuring it again? Because it’s that handy. This magnetic dish keeps track of loose fasteners and other small parts while working on your bike, attaches magnetically to any steel surface, and measures 1 inch deep and 5 inches in diameter. Price: $12.50. More info: www.motionpro.com
5. Roadgear’s Hi-Tec Digital tire gauge is a great tool if you’re serious about tire longevity. According to Roadgear’s website, a 30-percent reduction in tire pressure reduces tire life a whopping 48 percent. The special 90-degree valve head design of the gauge means it fits even the tightest spots, while the rubberized non-slip surface provides precise handling and feel. Its design allows one-handed operation, and the easy-to-read display measures from 5 to 99.5psi in half-pound increments. Accurate to +/- 1 percent with a lithium battery that never needs replacement. The gauge also has a retractable measurement tool for checking tread depth and a durable carrier that protects the gauge while you’re on the road. Comes with a five-year warranty. Price: $19.90. More info: www.roadgear.com
6. When you’re broken down on the side of the road, the first tool you need is often a screwdriver or a wrench. The Versa Tool from Aerostich is a sturdy, stainless steel wrench that folds for low or high torque applications. It’s equipped with a 1/4-inch square socket stud and comes complete with a hex-tool adapter, extension, and a bit holder containing 11 various and handy hex bits including flat, Phillips and Allen drivers. Comes in a zippered nylon storage case. Tough, practical, compact and ideal for use in tight spots. Use your own favorite 1/4-inch sockets and extensions. Price: $14. More info: www.aerostich.com
7. These Motion Pro T-Handle nut drivers are handier than you’d ever imagine. Their long handles are great for reaching into tight spaces and the deep 6-point sockets make quick removal of nuts and bolts easy. Included in the set are 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 17mm and 19mm T-Handles finished in durable nickel pewter, and they come with a vinyl storage pouch and a lifetime replacement warranty. Price: $74.90. More info: www.motionpro.com
8. Motion Pro’s SyncPRO carb tuner is similar in function to the common mercury carb tuners, but with features that make it safer, easier to use and more convenient to store when not in use. The SyncPRO is an effective and affordable mercury-free alternative using a proprietary fluid in a unique design. Each channel is completely separate, so the tool can be used with 2-, 3-, or 4-cylinder motorcycles. The tool includes 5mm adapters to fit most Honda and Suzuki motorcycles. Optional 6mm adapters are available for use on most Yamaha models, while most Kawasaki models do not need adapters. There is a provision for storage of the adapters inside the tool body, keeping all the essential parts in one place, and a hang hook is included to clip the tool onto the handlebars of your bike for easy use. Price: $99.99. More info: www.motionpro.com
The latest classic motorcycle events and tours.LEARN MORE