1912 Henderson Four-Cylinder
Designed by William Henderson in 1911 with a displacement of about 780cc (later increased to 1076cc), the Henderson four-cylinder motorcycle had opposed valves, chain drive and a tubular frame. It could do 100km/h (62mph) and was soon a popular motorcycle. In Italy it was sold by Lanfranchi. The Henderson four-cylinder was the first bike to use force-feed lubrication for the main and big-end bearings.
This particular Henderson, on loan to the National Motorcycle Museum, is the only known version of the four-cylinder bike that still has original paint. It also has the original tires.