Join Us This Summer For The 2nd annual “Ride ‘Em, Don’t Hide ‘Em” Getaway!
Aug. 4-6, 2017
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Seven Springs, PA
Last year, 83 vintage motorcycle enthusiasts joined the editors of Motorcycle Classics for the inaugural Ride ‘Em, Don’t Hide ‘Em Getaway, a relaxed weekend of riding and sightseeing in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania. A winter ski haven, the area is something of a best kept secret, a mix of spectacular forested ridges and deep valleys punctuated by beautiful rolling farm land rich in back country roads. Like last year, we’ll stay at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, meeting up Friday and riding through the weekend, with a special dinner Saturday night. Like last year, we’ll stay at Seven Springs Mountain Resort, meeting up for a dinner reception on Friday and riding through the weekend. Special guest Mark Mederski from the National Motorcycle Museum will join our ride and share his experiences during our special Saturday night banquet diner. Highlights of the weekend include:
- Miles and miles of incredible two-lane back-road riding in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania and surrounding area!
- Two nights lodging at Seven Springs Mountain Resort
- Friday night reception at Seven Springs, sponsored by Bonhams
- Breakfast at Seven Springs Saturday and Sunday, sponsored by Spectro Oils and Pecard Leather Care
- Hosted dinner at Seven Springs Saturday night
- A limited selection of classic 1970s motorcycles – including models from Ducati, Triumph, Norton, Yamaha, BMW, and more – will be available from Retro Tours as an added option to participants with paid lodging deposits. First come, first served! Interested in a Retro Tours motorcycle? Let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or go to the Retro Tours website at www.retrotours.com to learn about their stable of bikes and the Retro Tours roundtrip ride from Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, to Seven Springs for the Motorcycle Classics Ride ‘Em, Don’t Hide ‘Em Getaway
- Check out the interactive ride route below and watch this space for ride additions including our planned Sunday morning route!
Friday August 4:
5:30-7 pm.: Reception at Seven Springs Resort in the Alpine Room, Level 3, sponsored by Bonhams
Saturday, August 5:
7-8:30 am: Breakfast at Slopeside Restaurant, Level 4 in the main lodge, sponsored by Spectro Oils
8:30-9 am: Prepare to depart Seven Springs for Saturday ride, sponsored by Retro Tours
1 pm: Lunch
5-5:30 pm: Arrive back at Seven Springs Resort
6:30 pm: Dinner with Mark Mederski and Motorcycle Classics’ Richard Backus
Sunday, August 6:
7-8:30 am: Breakfast at Slopeside Restaurant, Level 4 in the main lodge, sponsored by Pecard Leather Care
8:30-9 am: Prepare to depart Seven Springs for Sunday ride
9 am: Depart Seven Springs for ride
1 pm: Arrive back at Seven Springs Resort
1 pm – on: Self-guided tours of surrounding area
- 1 year of Motorcycle Classics magazine both print and digital – six premium issues full of exciting and evocative articles and photographs of the most brilliant, unusual and popular motorcycles ever made!
- Special discounted prices on books, t-shirts, and archive products in the Motorcycle Classics Store
- Online access to Motorcycle Classics content dating back to 2005
- Access to exclusive online content - restoration projects, rides & destinations, and gear reviews.