1912 Henderson Motorcycle
By Mc Staff
1912 Henderson Four-Cylinder
Designed by William Henderson in 1911 with a displacement of about 780cc (later increased to 1076cc), the Henderson four-cylinder motorcycle had opposed valves, chain drive and a tubular frame. It could do 100km/h (62mph) and was soon a popular motorcycle. In Italy it was sold by Lanfranchi. The Henderson four-cylinder was the first bike to use force-feed lubrication for the main and big-end bearings.
This particular Henderson, on loan to the National Motorcycle Museum, is the only known version of the four-cylinder bike that still has original paint. It also has the original tires.
The Mike Quinn Collection of Harley-Davidsons
Mike Quinn’s impressive 112 Harley Davidsons hit the auction block July 27, 2014.
Bonhams Smashes Expectations at Charity Sale of Pope Francis Harley-Davidson and Jacket
The pope’s 2013 Harley-Davidson Dyna Super Glide and matching leather jacket sell for €299,000 ($407,000) at the Bonhams Paris sale.
Scooters invade the National Motorcycle Museum
A new exhibit at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Iowa, features a wide range of scooters designs spanning about 75 years.